"I learned a lot about patience, being positive and what it takes to be a competent handler."
"Logi has helped with my confidence and sense of purpose immensely."
I would recommend it (the programme) highly. The unknown is frightening so Veterans will need to trust that the charity will support them. This is something the charity is very good at."
"It gave me a sense of pride and achievement."
"Thank you, just thank you. It's been an amazing experience."
"It's been a long time since I smiled but having my assistance dog Beau makes me smile every day. The training is well structured and relatable with achievable goals and is the highlight of my week!"
"The training has given me back some of my lost confidence."
"...has given me something to work towards and a reason to get up in the morning."
"I feel incredibly supported."
The difference dogs make
- Increase in patience, impulse control, emotional regulation
- Improved ability to display affect, decrease in emotional numbness
- Improved sleep
- Decreased depression, increase in positive sense of purpose
- Decrease in startle responses
- Reduce anxiety & lower blood pressure
- Decrease in pain medications
- Increased sense of belonging/acceptance
- Lowered stress levels, increased sense of calm
From Service Dog Training Program for Treatment of Post Traumatic Stress in Service Members - Yount, Olmert, Lee published: US Army Medical Department Journal 2012
Service Dogs UK are proud to work with Dogs Trust
Subscribe to our newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive our latest news and updates
You have successfully subscribed to the newsletter
There was an error while trying to send your request. Please try again.